De-Stress in 10 minutes or Less
Don’t have time for a day at the spa? Unwind with one of our 10 relaxing ideas:
1. Call a Friend: A quick phone call to a friend can be just the distraction you need to relax. The trick is to wisely choose which friend you want to speak with.
2. Sweet scents: Aromatherapy can help calm, energize and revitalize. Sweet scents like lavender and peppermint can help soothe the mind and also improve focus.
3. Meditate: Close your eyes and think about something that makes you happy -- a place, a person, an idea. This distraction will leave you feeling calm and inspired.
4. Stretch: Stretching feels good! Loosen up and touch your toes, or try some arm stretches if you’re in the office.
5. Music: Put your headphones on and shut the world out for a minute while listening to one of your favorite tunes.
6. Close your eyes: Don’t have time for a nap? Don’t worry. Just closing your eyes briefly will make an enormous difference during a stressful time.
7. Take a walk: Get your blood flowing a little bit and go for a walk. Pick up the pace if you want to boost those endorphins!
8. Get outside: Fresh air will do wonders for your mood and calm any anxious thoughts you may be having.
9. Clean up: Even the simple act of straightening up can leave you feeling refreshed, renewed and ready to tackle bigger tasks.
10. Hand massage: Hands carry a lot of tension, so something as simple as massaging the pressure point under your thumb will relieve stress in the shoulders, neck and scalp.