5 Ingredients and 5 Dinners
These simple ingredients are the only groceries you will need this week with these five recipes!
Cheese (of your choice)
Night 1: Chicken and Spinach Omelet
Pump up the protein with breakfast for dinner!
1. Sauté the chicken in a pan until almost fully cooked.
2. Add the spinach and the cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add them to the pan.
Night 2: Grilled Chicken Salad
A light and fresh meal to rejuvenate for the rest of the week
1. Boil the eggs until hard.
2. Combine the cooked chicken with the spinach, tomatoes, cheese and eggs.
Night 3: Chicken Egg Drop Soup
A soothing mid-week meal
1. Cook the chicken.
2. Combine four cups of water, chicken and spinach. Bring to a boil.
3. In a small bowl, whisk five egg whites. Pour the egg whites very slowly into the boiling broth while whisking continuously. They will cook instantly when they hit the broth. (Note: Add cornstarch or chicken broth if you want to thicken.)
Night 4: Cheesy Tomato and Spinach Frittata
Sure to become a household favorite
1. Sauté the spinach, tomatoes and cheese in a pan.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add them to the pan.
3. Cover the pan and put in the oven to bake for two to four minutes or when you think it’s ready.
Night 5: Chicken Stuffed with Spinach and Swiss
A hearty meal to kick off the weekend
1. Sauté the spinach in a pan.
2. Make a pocket for the stuffing in each chicken breast.
3. Stuff each chicken breast with cheese and spinach and secure with a toothpick.
Sear the chicken in a skillet until golden brown. Transfer to oven to finish cooking, about 12 minutes.