Tan or neutral-colored heels will make your legs look longer. Plus, they are super-cute year-round.
By: Michelle Goodman
The holidays are the best time of the year to wear beautiful makeup and play up your looks, says New York City makeup artist Sue Perez. To get the perfect holiday look:
1. Even out your skin tone with foundation. Brighten your lids with foundation to prevent eye shadow from creasing.
2. Use only two shadow colors: a dark shade and a light shade. If you have brown eyes, then cool tones (think blue, green, silver and violet) provide the best contrast and will make your eye color pop. Shimmer shadows or loose glitter powder are perfect.
3. Apply the lighter eye shadow color directly over the dark and blend for a bright eye.
4. Lightly dip a wet eyeliner brush into loose glitter and line your eyelids for a splash of sparkle.
5. Keep blush simple and natural since your eyes are the focus.
6. Apply a nude lip color and top it off with gloss for a natural-yet-sexy shine that won’t overwhelm.
For more makeup tips and tricks, check out “Beauty Lines” at SuePerez.com
Michelle Goodman is a freelance writer and editor who specializes in beauty and health issues. She has previously contributed to Las Fabulosas.