Three Summer Braids Paso a Paso
Stay cool and sexy all summer with la trenza, this season’s hottest hair trend. Braids are easily dressed up or down and can be worn on almost any occasion. Plus, they’re great for second or third day hair.
This classic summer braid can be pulled tight for a neater look or let loose for a fun beachy braid.
1. Part your hair down the middle, dividing it into two equal sections.
2. Pull a small section of hair from the outside of the left section, and bring it underneath the entire right section. Pull it tightly for a neater-looking braid.
3. Repeat step two from the right side. Pull a small section of hair from the outside of the right section and bring it underneath the left section. Pull tightly.
4. Repeat until you’ve used all of your hair, and secure with a hair tie.
Five Strand Braid
While a five strand braid looks intricate, it’s actually pretty easy to do.
1. Divide your hair into five strands (strand one being the furthest to the left, and strand five being furthest to the right).
2. Move strand one over strand two, and under strand three.
3. Move strand five over strand four and under strand one.
4. Repeat steps two and three. Move strand two over strand three and under strand five. Then place strand four over strand one and under strand two.
5. Repeat for the full length of the braid, and secure with a hair tie.
Upside-Down Braided Bun
For those hot summer days when you just want your hair off your face, try this elegant upside-down braided bun.
1. Divide your hair by making a part from your left ear across the crown of your head, to the right ear. Clip the top half so it doesn’t get in the way while you braid the bottom half.
2. Take a three or four inch section of hair from the nape of your neck. Divide that section into three equal strands. Begin braiding these three strands and as you work your way up the back of your head, integrate the rest of your hair into the braid as you would with a french braid.
3. When your upside-down braid has reached the crown of your head, secure with an elastic band.
4. Combine the ponytail from the braid with the rest of your hair into one high ponytail.5. Now for the bun. Tease your hair a little bit, twist it, wrap it and either secure with another elastic band or try tucking the ends into the elastic band already in place. Secure with bobby pins where necessary. Tuck any loose strands away and bobby pin or pull a few strands out for a messier look.